Friday, 15th November 2019
Updated: Nov 26, 2019
New South Wales
Seven Hills Industrial Sale (AFR)
· A private buyer has purchased a 1686m² industrial site at Lot 3 Park Road, Seven Hills NSW 2147 from Blacktown City Council for just over $2 million ($1,186.24/m²) at auction.
South Sydney Data Centre Opens (AFR)
· Interconnection and data centre operator Equinix have opened a facility, dubbed SY5, in South Sydney at 200 Bourke Road, Alexandria NSW 2015.
· SY5 is Equinix's eighth IBX data centre in Sydney and will be the company's largest in Australia with an initial capacity of 1825 cabinets in a 25,000m² facility that will expand to 9225 cabinets when fully built.
· The new facility gives its users secure connections to more than 1800 participants across all regions around the world, linking them to major cloud providers such as Alibaba, Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, SAP Cloud, Oracle, and SoftLayer.
Wentworthville Neighbourhood Centre Purchase (AFR)
· Developer Poly Australia have purchased a run-down Wentworthville shopping centre “The Mall” at 42 Dunmore Street, Wentworthville NSW 2145 from Austino for an undisclosed price.
· Poly have plans for a mixed-use with 500 apartments and a retail and services precinct on the site.
· An initial assessment indicated the 9600m² site could have capacity for four residential towers, a full-line supermarket and an additional 5200m² of commercial and retail space.
· The 5400m² mall was underutilised and occupied by small local retailers.
Murarrie Office/Warehouse Lease (AFR)
· Wood distributor DMK Forest Products have purchased a 2046m² warehouse at 34 Activity Crescent, Molendinar QLD 4214 for $2.8 million ($1,368.52/m²).
Box Hill Office Sold (AFR)
· A local investor has purchased a two-level 860m² office at 701 Station Street, Box Hill VIC 3128 for a mid-$7 million price. The property sits on a 662m² site.
Knoxfield Office Warehouse Sale (AFR)
· A Singaporean investor has purchased a 5,303m² office/warehouse on an 11,189m² site at 575 Burwood Highway, Knoxfield VIC 3180 for $10.3 million ($11,942.30/m²).
· The property is leased to private business Spartan Pty Ltd on an eight-year term returning $600,999 p.a. net ($113.33/m²) with all outgoings payable by the tenant.
· The property comprises a two-level office, warehouse accommodation, onsite car parking and perimeter security fencing.